Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Some WW II Action - and More...

Been delving back in to WW II gaming the past couple of weeks. In fact, sitting on my table even now is a pretty big battle using the Panzer Grenadier Deluxe set of rules. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a big fan of David Brown's rules systems - such as General de Brigade. So far I have been greatly enjoying the PG rules a great deal. All the flavor and narrative I so enjoy are found in these rules. Of course, I already did a pretty detailed review of the rulebook itself, so I wont go I to any more detail here - check out the channel for the video review :). Expect a full BatRep of the battle in the coming weeks. Anyway, it is enough to say I am really enjoying these rules.



On the review table for the coming weeks and months are Napoleon's Battles IV, General de Brigade, and some other goodies I wont go in to at the moment. Of course, I will not do a complete review unless I actually not only read all of the rules, but also have at least a couple games with. So these things do take time. I have played GdB however, so expect this one up soon enough.



Some people have been asking me about the SOLO Tactics series I am planning. It's enough to know that I have been working on this for some time. Most of the delays are about coming up with a format for the videos - something I believe I have figured out. So yes, be on the lookout for this new series soon. In it I will not only detail useful tips for improving your enjoyment of SOLO wargaming, but also go in to some of the philosophy behind playing SOLO!

To end the update, here are some pics from my recent battle using the PGD rules. Enjoy, and see you next time :)

~K

The Americans assault the bridge - a vital objective held by German FJ units -  for the battle.

The FJ set up some deadly fire-zones overlooking the bridge, putting some well aimed fire with an MG42 section.

Ealy on the Americans were hit hard by German mort. fire. Here recon units are spreading out and taking cover.

A very dense lay-out for the fight. Lots of terrain with interesting tactical situations possible. I used the Cigar Box Nashville mat again for this one - one of my favorite mats.





2 comments: